In an increasingly tough retail environment, MYER needed to remind consumers that Myer, as an iconic retail brand with a long association with Spring Racing Carnival, is the place to go for all the latest racewear trends.
Our insight, drawn from e-sight research, was based around the analogy of the Spring Racing Carnival as being like an annual visit from an old friend.
For many, Spring Racing Carnival represents the height of a season full of light and optimism – good weather, good friends, good times. For many women, the time that 'Spring Racing comes to town' is a high-point in the year. Added to this is the easy familiarity of the event – a very Australian tradition which has its own customs and traditions, each year the same and yet still exciting.
Where could Myer fit in to all this? Myer can help to 'Prepare Her for The Visit'. Myer's heritage in Australia and intimate, long-standing links with Spring Racing Carnival make it uniquely placed to advise and guide both new and experienced race-goers.
The strategy came to life through the production of bespoke vignette content via our media partner SMG Red, utilising SMG talent (Rachel Finch, Jackie Frank and others). Shot in Myer’s flagship Melbourne store, the content was engineered around 'Rachel and her friends' going to the races and provided advice and tips on the subtle nuances of each key race-day.
The vignette content was amplified in the following ways:
- Streamed online through bought and owned assets
- Seeded virally via YouTube
- Transmitted on air across the Seven Network and dovetailed into MYER's event presence within the raceday telecast
- Integrated into editorial and advertising within magazine and digital platforms
- Promoted via social feeds of Rachel Finch
The campaign delivered:
- Over $400,000 of additional media value
- Significantly improved sales of race-wear product